header-photo

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Red Tape

On Saturday FoTB left Zack and an 8 year old boy in a tent in their back yard alone, all night, unsupervised.

I don't even know where else to go with that. Into what would have happened if he would have left the tent and walked into one of the three really major roads all within 2 - 10 blocks of him? Or fallen into the pond 10 blocks away? Or fallen into a neighbors pool? Or been taken by someone? Or any other number of things that could have happened to my four year old overnight with no adult supervision.....

I am sick to my stomach. I have been sick to my stomach for two days. I am pulling out every stop I know. DHS, Police Department, Lawyer, Counselor, I keep running into red tape at every turn. What he did was bad, very, very bad parenting in fact but is it illegal... well... we are not sure. It may not be bad enough...

I do not want to wait for what he does with my son to be bad enough.... I do not want my son to have to be the example... the one that got really hurt before they would do anything.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, boy.

Not good. I don't blame you one little bit. I'd be doing the same thing. I haven't even left Mea at home alone overnight with her almost 19 year old sister.

I hope you get someone to listen to you.

Amy said...

Keep raising hell Heather. You are the only one who can stand up for little Z. It is time the system started taking complaints more seriously. Really, the fact it isn't "illegal" doesn't make it any less dangerous for a 4 year old.

-->