header-photo

Thursday, June 30, 2011

And so it begins...

Today we were contacted by FoTB's attorney. Or rather.... my attorney was contacted by FoTB's attorney. So far, he has passed three drug test... if he passes a fourth this week he wants to start visits with Zack again.

I'm not ok with that. Not in any way shape or form. His attorney has threatened that if I don't send Zack they will file a contempt of court motion against me and I could be held in contempt and fined or possibly given jail time. I am actually more ok with that option.....

Over the last 30 days I have often wondered if this was worth the fight. If maybe we should just go back to the visitation schedule we already fought so hard for two years ago....

And then today, I got these pictures, the first of my wedding pictures... a sort of sneak peak...





And as I scroll through these pictures...



I know without a doubt that this is 100% worth it...



Possible fines and jail time and all....

I know I've said it before but I will say it again, in Iowa, the family court system which is designed to help the children is failing the children. The very individuals it is set up to keep safe are continually falling through the cracks.


I refuse to let Zack be one of those children. If the court systems won't keep him safe, I will.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Let me say first that you three make the loveliest family. I love those pictures. :)

I am so sorry that you (plural) are going through this. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you all the best.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

So glad to hear this.... AND THESE PICTURES ARE FANTASTIC!!!!

Kelly said...

I couldn't agree more. Look at the headlines in yesterday's paper, and the baby that COULD have been helped but who wasn't...a Momma's job is to protect her kids, and that is all you are doing.

Give me a call, I'll bail you out.

Kelly said...

P.S. Your pictures are beautiful!

OHN said...

This might sound drastic, but have you considered contacting Social Services yourself to talk to them "off the record" about your situation. I know that your attorney would have a stroke if you told him/her, but remember, attorneys are paid by the hour. Sadly, their hearts are tied directly to their wallets. The best interest of the child is secondary.

I have a friend that is in a very similar situation (drug/alcohol using father, using the children as pawns, lots of negative talk, substance use when the kids are with him..etc). Both attorneys are twiddling their fingers and my friend is in debt up to her ass to him. If nothing, I have learned you really need to be your own advocate.

I think if an independent SW were to listen to Zack and hear his tone, and really hear his words...it can do nothing but HELP your case.

As for the photos~~~BEAUTIFUL :-)

Erin said...

Your photos are simply gorgeous--the three of you make a beautiful family!

I am just now starting to read blogs again and wanted to send my support to you here that this will get resolved so that Zack never, ever, ever again is put into such a horrible situation with FoTB. My heart goes out to Zack and you and Jim for having to deal with it.

-->