header-photo

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Sailing Away....

It is raining here... has been off and on for a couple of days. This morning I looked out and saw how flooded the creek was and all I could think was I wonder....

So I peaked my head down the stairs and this is what I saw.

CRAP!! We have a tile out to our field that has collapsed so if it rains too much the water will come up through our drains. Which sort of defeats the purpose of a sump pump unless we stick the pump in the drain and pump the water out through the side of the house (which we have yet to do.

In lew of that, I borrowed a pump from my parents a couple of years ago and have yet to return it. This is the time that my complacency in the area of returning things I borrow has actually helped me out. They don't need it back yet and it saved me having to traipse over there to get it again today.


It took about 10 minutes to pump out the water from the basement. Luckily I caught it before the whole basement filled with 2 inches of water (which it did two years ago).



And now we wait.... it is just now starting to clear off but I've been told it is supposed to rain again tomorrow....




I wonder if there is enough wood in the shed to begin building an ark??

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

It is always SOME kind of extreme weather around here!

wolvers said...

Not good at all. My finished basement flooded 2-3 summers ago, and it makes a person SICK!! It's so frustrating to deal with! I hope it dries up soon and stops raining for you.

-->